In this article, you will learn how to create and manage tasks within matters. For more information on tasks in general, please see this article.
Creating a Task
Firstly, you will want to click on the 'Tasks' icon within the 'Matter Navigation Bar', as shown below.
This page will display any outstanding tasks for the current matter. You can also Filter the list to show any historical tasks as well. To create a new task, click on the 'Create Task' button in the top-right corner.
- Populate the name field with a concise description of the activity
- You can create multiple copies of the tasks for different 'System Users', using the checkbox highlighted above
- If the task requires a detailed description, use a truncated version for the name and add the detailed description into the 'More Details' section.
- You can associate Tags to tasks
- You can assign a 'Time Record' to the task to make it billable
Editing/Deleting a Task
To edit or delete a task, click on one of the tasks within the task list. This will open up the same window you used to create the task, but it will now be titled 'Edit Task' instead.
You can change almost anything about the task on this window, and you can also delete it by clicking on the 'Delete' button in the bottom-left corner of the window.
When deleting a task, you will be prompted to provide a reason, which will then be recorded within a corresponding System Note entry.
An alternative way to edit a task is through 'Edit Mode'. To utilize this feature, navigate to the task list within the matter and click on 'Edit Mode', as per the screenshot below.
In 'Edit Mode', you'll be able to change any of the values in the fields for each task, just by clicking onto the field itself. When you're done editing the field, click 'Save'. When you're done editing all the fields you wish to, click on 'Edit Mode' again to exit it.