You can share topics from one KnowedgeBase with users in other Actionstep systems. This is very useful if you are maintaining a central resource and only want to edit it in one place. All changes will be instantly updated in all subscribing knowledge bases.
For example let's say that I have an Actionstep system with an organization key called "publisher" and I want to share a topic in my Knowledge Base with the name "Community Info" with your company (with an organization key called "subscriber"), then this is how it would be done:
- Create a new login and password in "publisher" using a system role with permissions on the topic you want to share;
- Find the "Community Info" topic in the Admin section in "publisher" and copy the shared link shown to the clipboard (or make a note of it);
- Create a new topic in "yourco" and give it any name you wish;
- Paste the link copied from "publisher" into the edit box in "subscriber";
- Replace the username and password in the link with the user you created in step 1;
- If you now open "subscriber" you should see the topic listed in that Knowledge Base.
To find the shared link for a topic left-click on the topic name and choose "Edit". You should see something like this "Share this Topic":
Copy this link and change the username:password text to the valid credentials of your publisher login and then paste this into the "Remote Datasource" field in a topic in the subscribers system: