Actionstep has the ability to raise a Credit Order (in both Sales and Purchase).
Depending on the way your business runs, you may want to incorporate this step before your Credit Invoice.
This is particularly useful on the Supplier side, where you may return goods for Credit and receive the Credit at a later date.
You would be able to convert the Credit Order into a Supplier Credit once received, thus not needing to keep a manual record of what was returned.
You may want to have a system in place where the orders are checked before paying a supplier.
Crediting Customers - use this for Invoice amendments after posting, writing off Debt
The only way to raise a credit for a Sale is to create the Credit from within an invoice for the same customer.
Make sure you are crediting from the same Action (if the initial sale was within an Action).
In Order to Simplify the Credit process, the same functionality as creating a transaction from another has been employed to Create a Credit.
This enables the user to pick up the applicable line items for Credit.
The Line items can be overridden at the final stage.
Follow this simple process to raise a credit from a prior invoice
- Find the invoice you wish to Credit.
- If this invoice is assigned to an Action (the Action detail is at the top of the invoice), the credit raised will be for the same Action - be careful if you have multiple Actions for one Customer/ Supplier.
- It does not matter if the invoice is closed (although you will need to search for it when closed).
- Click on the button at the bottom of the invoice.
- A message will come up asking if you would like to close the invoice and create a Credit - yes you do.
- The Credit Wizard will open.
- It will bring up a list of the contents of the invoice in a tree format (including headings, line items, inventory lines).
- Select wish items you wish to credit (at least one item must be selected - it can be overridden at the final stage).
- Click Next to continue to next step.
- A reason for credit must be given.
- Click the link (top left of wizard), through to the credit you have just created. Or click finish again if you don't want to access it immediately (it can then be found as a draft in the Credit list)
- Make any changes to content as required:
- delete content
- change the coding
- amend items
I need to Credit a customer with a sale prior to our move to ActionStep, I have no invoice to raise against, what do I do?
- Create a zero value invoice for the Customer and raise the credit off that.
- You can then delete the Invoice created.
Receiving a Credit from a Supplier.
We have two ways of creating a Credit in Purchases; this is because most people are not too worried about why they are given a credit, and purchase credits can be very common in some industries.
- Credit from within an invoice - shown above in the Sales Credit section
- Credit using the the Credit Quick Entry Wizard
This tends to be the Preferred method of raising a Credit (order or invoice) for a Supplier. It is quick and simple and does not rely on another transaction.
- In either the Credit Order or Credit Invoice list click on Quick Entry Wizard
- This will bring you into the Quick Entry Wizard
- Enter details as required
Note: If you have raised a Credit Order it can be copied into a Credit Invoice once the Supplier Credit arrives. (don't forget to enter the Supplier Credit Number)