The Conveyancing Data Services (CDS) integration allows UK users to request Conveyancing searches by launching the CDS platform with search fields populated from within an Actionstep matter, with the resulting notification emails and completed search results copied into the originating Actionstep matter.
To connect Actionstep and CDS through this integration, you must first have created a CDS account and a live Actionstep Practice Pro or Practice Pro + Accounting account. You must contact CDS who can provide you with a CID Reference Number and configure your email settings to your Actionstep system.
1. To enable the Conveyancing Data Services Integration, install the packaged Matter Type from the Actionstep Marketplace. You must log into Actionstep and specify the system which the package should be installed on:
2. To activate the CDS Launch Button, navigate to the Matter Type Admin area (Admin > Matter Types) for the installed CDS Matter Type.
3. Enter your CID Reference number in the CDSLaunchPad data collection field description.
This adds a button in a matter overview panel on the matter overview screen.
When pressed, it will launch the CDS platform and pre-populate the property data fields.
4. To activate the CDS Launch Icon, navigate to the Matter Type Admin area for the installed CDS Matter Type and enter your CID Reference number in the CDSLaunchPad data collection field description and update the logo reference field from the CDS logo stored in the Matter Type Wiki. See this article for more information on How to Add Images to Custom Data Matter Overview Panels. This icon can be added as a matter overview panel on the matter overview screen, which when pressed will launch the CDS platform and pre-populate the property data fields.
5. To embed the CDS Launchpad within an existing Matter Type, use the Copy Matter Data feature to copy the “Property Data”, “CDS Launch Button” and “CDS Launch Icon” data collections into the desired Matter Type. If you are planning to use the CDS Launch Icon, also save the CDS Logo in that Matter Type’s Wiki page and update the link.
6. The data fields can be copied into new or existing data collection groups using the Copy Matter Data feature. If you would like to use existing property address fields within an existing matter type, replace the data merge fields within the CDS Launchpad Admin HTML description, so they are included within the pre-populated fields on the CDS platform.
7. Notification emails that are sent by CDS will be routed to your individual mailbox but copied into the matter inbox. These emails are sent to the system’s wildcard mailbox and assigned using the subject line identifier method. Ensure that your Actionstep system is configured to accept these emails and test this thoroughly before use.
If you require any assistance in the configuration of your CDS Integration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org