How to delete an approved/finalized Actionstep invoice when linked to QuickBooks. Actionstep does not automatically remove this invoice from QuickBooks so it is important to follow the steps below to unlink the invoice from QuickBooks, delete the invoice from the matter, and then delete the invoice in QuickBooks.
Unlinking the Invoice From QuickBooks
- In Actionstep, open the matter that has the invoice that needs to be deleted
- Click into the Billing tab and note the invoice number to be deleted
- In a new tab navigate to Admin > Accounting
- Select "Invoices" under Linked Items at the bottom
- Check the box to the left of the invoice number noted in step #1 above
- Click the "Unlink from QuickBooksOnline" button at the top of the list
Deleting the Invoice From the Matter
- Return to your other tab with the matter open on the Billing screen and refresh the page
- Click on the invoice that needs to be deleted
- The time entry screen will open, select the "Delete" button in the lower-left-hand corner to reopen the time/expense entries for editing and rebilling
Deleting the Invoice From QuickBooks
- Login to QuickBooks Online
- Click on "Sales" in the left menu
- Enter the client’s last name in the "Find" box to the right of the "Batch Actions" button
- Click on the client’s name to view a list of their billing and payment transactions
- Locate the invoice to be deleted and from the "Action" column, click the down arrow to the right of "Receive payment" and select "Delete"
- Click "Yes" to confirm the deletion of the transaction
- The invoice will now be fully deleted.